08 March 2009

Sunday Runday


Well, I'm still here. Saturday was a beautiful morning for a 5K in the Metromess. I met my goal of under 28 minutes and felt great afterwards. My Ipod - Nike + reading had the race length at 3.3 miles instead of 3.1. I need to recalibrate that thing.....when I looked at it during the race I thought I was going to shatter my goal....but I guess my readings were off.

Official results: 27:52 - 135 out of 531 - 6th place in my age category......out of 12! hahaha

I ran my first 5K in November with little training and ran a 30:14.....so there is improvement.
Now I'll search for my next area race and set some new goals.


P.S. Happy Anniversary Carrie! It's been a great 12 years!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Seth. I was a hurdler in HS, so this distance stuff is taking some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeb- Congrats on the race and the anniversary (about a month late)! I chucked my Nike + system because of the same calibration issues. From what I have gathered from other runners blogs... the system cannot detect any change in your pace during your run- it only averages your distance based on your initial calibration (if I understand the problem correctly). I reverted back to the car odometer :>) Keep up the good work and good luck in your next race (they are a great motivator!). -T

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear what you think.....drop me a note!

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

LinkConnector Validation

google-site-verification: googled1675d94fd52eac3.html