23 July 2009

Buried Treasure - Digging Deeper - Star Chart Collage Revisited


Here is another buried treasure from my blog. This is all a part of the Buried Treasure experiment put together by Seth Apter at The Altered Page. It is a great opportunity to see some great artwork and great posts from bloggers all over. Check out the full list of participants here.


Here is the original post for the image above from New Years Eve 2008:


This is a collage I did a few years ago. It is a combination of a star chart from an old atlas and some magazine clippings. The movie scene clipping is James Dean in the movie "Giant".......filmed in Marfa of course. Have a great New Years Eve!

8 comments:

  1. LOL. Whose house? Looks like the Munster Mansion, Jeb! This is really great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, glad you stopped by because I need to get my post up, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to meet you Jeb! Thanks for the kind comment and visit over at my place.

    I have been in your blog twice today (had to come back for another look if that tells you anything) and it is a wonderful place to linger. I love collage work, obviously, but your sign paintings amaze me. I have a thing for old signs (neon and old ones on brick walls) and have just recently started taking pictures of them hoping to use them in my work someday. I still have so many things I want to try. Your work is a great inspiration. Anyway, your work and your blog are fresh, original, and very beautiful. A gorgeous place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog earlier
    like the chart!
    well like the cowboy ON the chart too
    :)
    james dean..hmhph mph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really late in getting to everyone's blog today, so thanks for stopping by mine already. I love this and like the "Star Chart" play on words.

    I'm also in love with your silo collage. Can't wait to see the next step in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jeb,
    I'm really digging this blog! Love the silo in progress. Really like the James Dean collage...it is a good way to imagine where he is now! I'll stop by here often!
    Thanks so much for taking a peek at Cinnamon Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that image is so iconic and works really well with the others ... thanks for digging deeper and finding another treat to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this one. Really good. Thanks for digging it up again.

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear what you think.....drop me a note!

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

LinkConnector Validation

google-site-verification: googled1675d94fd52eac3.html