08 December 2009

Shrimp and Grits - Throwdown Style

The final product.....So Good!

The roux/sauce - Outstanding...you have no idea

Seasoned shrimp and creamy cheesy grits...oh mama!


After watching Bobby Flay's shrimp and grits throwdown a few months ago with Joe Barnett on the Food Network I knew I was supposed give this recipe a whirl. I don't like to brag, but I really think this is about the best thing that has ever come out of our kitchen. I owe it all to my fine public education from the great state of Texas. They provided me with the ability to read a recipe and measure ingredients, and for that I am very thankful!!!! The grits are amazing and the sauce/roux is oh so good. The shrimp are seasoned with a little kick. Carrie, my wife must have said at least 4-5 times that this was the best thing I had ever cooked....and she's not too far off. Okay, enough of the small talk. Here is a link to the recipe. This recipe has officially made the junkytrinket food hall of fame. It is very easy to make and takes only about 15 minutes or so. Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always like to hear what you think.....drop me a note!

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

LinkConnector Validation

google-site-verification: googled1675d94fd52eac3.html